Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Almost there

44. Tommervik

Maybe I am not good at finding bios of these people, but according to this guy's facebook he was born in 1906.  I don't think that's true because he is alive and making wonderful cubist nerd art in which I will share.  I like to see Star Wars stuff in a new way, and how creative to do cubism with this stuff.  The forms of the robots are blocky anyways so it really works.  They are done in paint but they almost look like pastel/watercolor/charcoal mixtures.  He keeps the colors very bland and boring and I like the "halo" of dark around his forms.  It is very Picasso and Georges Braque of him.  Tommervik's simplicity really pays off in making these recognizable things. 
   

45. Amy Houser

She is a sci-fi steampunk illustrator.  She has worked for different toy companies like Hasbro for the past ten years.  She believes that the art of pen and paper is not dead.  She paints in watercolors and ink primarily along with using things like aqua pencils.

"I believe that every adult can be transformed by art and become, if only for a minute or two, that child that still believes in magic, monsters, Fairies and Santa Claus."

Her steampunk illustrations remind me of Da Vinci's machines.  Her other images of people look so storybook, which I believe she has done some children's book illustrations of dragons and fairies.  The colors and contrasts are great.  Her silhouettes are so Victorian, I wanna borrow her ideas for some of my wedding invites.

No comments:

Post a Comment