Friday, August 10, 2012

Variety

46. Abbey Ryan

She is known for her paintings a day, usually of food.  Abbey was born and raised in New Jersey.  She has done the project for over five years now.  She graduated from Arcadia University and went to John Hopkins School of Medicine for her graduate work.  She is now a teacher at Arcadia University!

I think I would run out of combinations of fruit/veggies to paint, but I can always appreciate a good still life.  I can learn from her simplistic approach with the dark/light bland backgrounds.  She does really well with reflections and shadows of her objects.  Plus, I love pb&j.

47. James Hance

This guy was born in England and now resides in Florida making really fun art.  He has recently created a book as a spin off of  "Winnie the Pooh" entitled "Wookie the Chew."  It is really awesome that all of the proceeds to his book go to his very sick little girl


But what caught my eye and made me research this guy was his paintings he has done. 

This is the exact sort of thing I want to do for senior seminar, so it's nice to find an artist with exquisite taste in art :). 

48.  Adam Wallacavage

He is a chandelier design whom is inspired by 16th century Baroque and Gothic design.   Not much is known about this bizzarre artist, but really someone with lots of money needs to get me one of these chandeliers.

And from his fb:  "Ok, the truth is, I want to be the center of attention and what better way to do that than to make chandeliers and putting them in the center of the room?!"

I love his use of color, it is really something a room needs.  He really updates chandeliers from being boring elegant to pop culture relevant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment