Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lego Love

34. Allan Innman

He is a painter from Oxford Mississippi.  He studied at the University of Mississippi where he earned his BFA in Stuido Art, and is about to go back to school at the University of Georgia to earn his Masters.  He currently works as a professor at the University of Mississippi.

In his artwork he likes to show nostalgia through his depiction of toys.  Or as he puts it, "As I grow older, I see it fit to immortalize these forgotten objects from my childhood into paintings. The paintings serve as a retrospective of my lost youth."  His work below is all oil paintings:

 I feel like this artist is the best comparison to my work because he chooses to paint with LEGOs and toys (Pshhh, mine will be so much cooler anyways :) ).  Bright colors, great cropping, good idea, crisp lines and LEGOs, duh.

Oh, and he does boring landscapes

No comments:

Post a Comment