Friday, August 10, 2012

So CLOSE...hahaha

49. Chuck Close

The man, the legend.  I can't get his painting off my mind from our trip to DC.  Well the now 72 year old man was born in Monroe, Washington.  He attended the University of Washington for his bachelors and then went to Yale for Graduate school.  He has worked as an art teacher at the University of Massachusetts.  Something I did not know about him is that he suffers from Prosopagnosia, also known as face blindness.  That is his whole motivation to painting portraits.

Here is the image that has been stuck in my mind, because it was done in nothing but finger prints!

50.  Jennifer Bartlett

She is known as an abstract artist.  She grew up in Long Beach and got her BFA at Mills College.  She received her MFA at Yale, Chuck Close could have been one of her classmates because they both went to Yale in the 1960s.  As an artist she combines representational and abstract art.  I really enjoy her paintings and pastel work. 


I like the weirdness of her art.  She does a lot of house, as shown above.  Reminds me of the houses I would draw in preschool...


No comments:

Post a Comment