Sunday, August 5, 2012

More LEGOS

Well here is the new update of my life:

I just landed an amazing job, as a preschool teacher at an Early Childhood Development center and Preschool.  They take care of kids aged from 6 weeks to 4 years.  I get to work flexible hours and help out in classrooms to satisfy student to teacher ratios while I finish my senior year, and when I finish I get to work as a full time teacher.  Can you say art projects and nap time?  Oh and it is literally across from my condo (I am so walking across the street in the Fall).

Bye, bye Busch Gardens.  It was fun, if you like heat indexes of 115 and customers screaming at you to your breaking point.

So I've been on a roll finding artists who work in LEGOs or just paint them, though I do not want my portfolio to become LEGO centered, I'm having fun finding these artists.

35. Sean Kenney

Another man who has millions of LEGOs in his studio.  He is a "full-time professional kid."  He is based in New York and has created pieces for museums, tv, and companies like Google.  He has written building guide books and currently runs the largest LEGO based forum online.

Imagine working in this medium and all of the challenges that they present.  The limited color palette and blocky form.  It is great that these artists can take a brick and combine thousands together to make rounded realistic shaped things. 

Oh and he's a LEGO Certified Professional


No comments:

Post a Comment