Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Autobots

21. Jeremiah Palecek

He started out by doing video game paintings, and then moved on to painting whatever "hit him right away."  Most of his paintings are about internet memes, like the gopher one below.

This quote of his just shows how bizarre his work is: "I carry a small pocket recorder everywhere I go and I record my ideas. I still have hundreds of paintings that are on a list to be made. They are simple one line sentences that pop into my head that include. Jesus Christ riding a BMX bike, Paintings of Homosexuality found in Nature, or A Plesiosaur in Lake Champlain."

 I really like his craziness and the rough textured brushstrokes.  His work is so random!

22. Leland Bobbe

Leland is a portrait photographer living in NYC.  I recently saw this series he has been doing called "Half Drag."  I love it because I love the transformations in makeup and costume.  These men are gorgeous!  I wish I could find out more about him, but this is all I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment