Saturday, July 7, 2012

Project One?

So I have this idea for senior seminar to make a list of 25-35 classic movie monsters/villians and then re-create them using make up in a character transformation.  I want to show how special effects make-up is still alive and can transform regular people into real life monsters.  I am in need of some more supplies for my kit, but won't worry about replacing them until I set this as my senior thesis for real.  So here is my first monster

ZOMBIE

 Here I begin with a fresh cleaned face, mine!

 I started out by using spirit gum to paste tissue paper on my face and I concealed the edges with some elmers glue.  I wanted to create an exposed jaw.  I also sealed down my eyebrows with some glue too.

 Here is my base coat of a seafoam dead flesh green.  In this step I put a wig cap on to get my hair frizzies out of my face :)

 Here I added some red to my exposed jaw and some black for shadows.

 Final detail work is added.  This was right before I added the blood to my jaw, to make it look fresh!

Here is the final product, scary zombie me!


I plan on displaying my "portfolio of monsters" in photo form.  If this is the route I choose to go, I have plans to update my camera to a nicer one.  I hope I could also display my makeup at the opening of the art show by painting and costuming a model to walk around with me for the show.  But first, I need your input! 

No comments:

Post a Comment