Tuesday, July 24, 2012

OBX

19. Stephanie Kiker

I fell in love with her art when I was vacationing in the Outer Banks with my family.  We ran into this little local art shop during a rain storm and I was attracted to her bold use of color and design.

She graduated from NC State University with a B.A. in Graphic Design.  Then in 1996 she moved to Hatteras to begin pursuing her career as a working artist.  Amazing right?  I would love to live by the beach and produce some beach inspired work.  The beach gives her inspiration, whether it's under water or on land she loves the natural beauty of the wildlife.

We bought a lot of things in the gift shop.  Lots of things to go with my octopus art room!  I bought a cutting board in the wave print and a light switch plate in the heron print.  Looks great :).

20.  Marcia Cline

She moved to the Outer Banks in 1979 and received a B.F.A. from UNC with an emphasis on batik and printmaking.  She is an "en plen air" artist that loves using a vibrant palette to capture her fondness of the Outer Banks.

My favorite works of hers are of beach houses.  I've been to the Outer Banks every year with my family and I love the landscape along the beach. 


I love her homepage picture of her painting on the beach here.  Can I do this everyday?




No comments:

Post a Comment