Monday, July 30, 2012

Amurika

My mom introduced me into this artist.  He was big in the 70s.  I had never heard of him, so I decided to do some ARTIST RESEARCH!!!

28. Peter Max

He was born in Germany and raised in many different countries as a kid.  He was influenced by many different aspects of his environment as he traveled throughout his childhood.  He would watch the Monks paint every morning and China.  His mother, a fashion designer gave him inspiration while he gained more inspiration from comic books and American Jazz.

He is labeled as an illustrator and graphic designer and has been associated with the pop art and psychedelic art movements.  He does a lot of posters and paints a lot of American themed things (flags, statue of liberty,..).  I like that he works in a lot of different mediums such as: painting, printmaking, drawing, and graphic design. 



No comments:

Post a Comment